Hey everyone, welcome to my recipe site, If you're looking for new recipes to try this weekend, look no further! We provide you only the best Thalassery Style Mutton Dum Biryani recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Thalassery Style Mutton Dum Biryani recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about The Simple Ways to Be Healthy. Getting A Healthy Eater
Many people balk at the notion of cooking for large crowds of people. With pictures of huge stockpots boiling above and becoming chained into a hot stove and oven for countless hours on end, it’s no surprise that so many people stay away from the idea of cooking meals for large audiences with more tenacity than they avoid being last in the supper line.
The fantastic news is that it does not need to be the terrifying proposition that so many make it out to be. When it comes to cooking for a large crowd, the planning phase is the most crucial. You definitely must plan your dishes when feeding a massive set of people. This goes beyond the thought of spaghetti or grilled chicken as the meals you are planning. You want to understand how many portions you’ll need. While you don’t understand how starving people would be or who’ll eat just how much when it comes to cooking for a large crowd it’s a fantastic idea to always search for a few extra mouths in case some need a bit more than you can think (you might want to double servings for teen and college aged guys that will be dining).
You want to know at least a general number of servings to prepare and fix your recipe so as to accommodate those needs. Some people find it much easier if they could double or triple recipes instead of scaling them to specific serving sizes. If this works best for you by all means feature this practice when cooking for audiences. 1 thing you must be conscious of is you will need to include to be able to produce the meal you are planning.
Possessing the proper ingredients and the proper amounts of ingredients is far more important in bulk recipes than is frequently necessary in more compact recipes since there is less leeway when it comes to creating the proper consistency. You should keep this in mind when making purchases for the cooking for a big crowd occasion.
This would indicate that instead of cooking one really huge pan of lasagna for a triple sized crowd, they’d rather cook three regular sized pans of lasagna. This achieves two things actually and can be something that you might want to keep in mind regardless of the extra time spent at the kitchen.
First of all, if something goes, wrong just one third of this meal is in shambles as opposed to the whole dinner. Second, you have a better chance of finding consistency issues before the baking begins if you are using measurements and cooking containers that you’re familiar with and comfortable using. It is almost always best to find mistakes and omissions sooner instead of later when it has to do with cooking as hardly any ingredients can be properly added after the actuality.
While cooking for crowds may send some to dizzying spells together with heart palpitations it helps in the event that you take some deep breaths, then sit down, plan your menu, then plan your meals, create a list of your ingredients, and cook in a manner that is comfortable for you. If you’re more comfortable making multiple dishes of household favorites then that is likely going to be the most suitable course of action so as to fulfill your big crowd cooking needs.
Most of all you need to remember when searching for crowds is that you might have just earned yourself a pleasant night away after. Cooking for crowds is time consuming and needs to be approached as well rested (if that is even possible) for the best outcomes. There’s something which is actually very satisfying about knowing that you have fed a crowd and fed them well.
If you have just a few campers and are looking for some simple camp cooking, try out the easy and fast technique of tin may cooking. All you’ll need is a clean tin can – a one gallon size can works nicely. Your source of warmth may be little campfire, or if wood burning is prohibited, a small buddy burner will work nicely, which may be found at sporting good stores or online. Put your meal in the tin could and easily warm the contents of your can over a fire. You will have a hot meal ready in minutes. This technique works great for sauces, beans and tuna fish.
A more time-consuming camp cooking technique that also produces delectable food is pit cooking. It’s also a excellent camp cooking method if you’re using a dutch oven or cast iron cookware. Pit cooking calms your meals by heating rocks and coals which are buried in the ground. As the stones cool , their emitted heat cooks the meals. To pit cookfirst dig a hole that’s approximately three times larger than your own cookware. Line the pit with stones and construct a fire in the center. Once the flame has burnt rapidly for about an hour, push the warm coals and stones into the center. Layer your wrapped food or covered skillets in addition to the rocks and coals and place more on top. After a couple of hours, you’ll have some tasty camp food to enjoy.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to thalassery style mutton dum biryani recipe. To cook thalassery style mutton dum biryani you only need 41 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you do that.
The ingredients needed to prepare Thalassery Style Mutton Dum Biryani:
- Provide For Marination:
- Get 1 kg Mutton cut into medium sized pieces
- You need 1/2 inch Ginger piece
- Take Garlic – 10 medium sized cloves
- Prepare Green chillies – 10, adjust according to the spice level
- Prepare 1 tsp Red chilli powder –
- Provide 1/2 tsp Turmeric powder
- Take 1 tsp Garam Masala Powder
- Prepare 1/2 cup Yogurt/curd
- Take 1 tbsp Lemon Juice
- You need 1 tsp Salt
- You need For Mutton Masala:
- Get 6 Onion medium sized, finely sliced
- Get 2 Tomato, medium sized finely chopped
- Take 1/2 cup Ghee
- Provide 1/2 cup Butter
- You need Water as required
- Take to taste Salt
- Prepare For Rice:
- Prepare 4 cups Jeerakasala/kaima rice
- Use 4 pods Green Cardamom
- You need 2 Star Anise
- Use 6 cloves
- You need 1 Bay leaf
- Get 2 Cinnamon Stick
- Take 1 tbsp Lemon Juice
- Take 1 tablespoons Ghee
- Use To taste Salt
- Provide Water as required
- Get For Layering & Garnishing:
- Use 2 cup Onion thinly sliced
- Take As needed Cashew nuts
- You need As needed Raisins
- Prepare 3 tbsp Ghee
- Use 1/4 tsp Garam Masala
- You need 1 tbsp Rose water
- Use 3/4 cup Chopped coriander and mint leaves
- Prepare For Dum
- Provide 2 cup All-purpose flour :
- Prepare Water as required
- Get Mix together and make a smooth dough like chappathi
Instructions to make Thalassery Style Mutton Dum Biryani:
- Clean and wash the mutton pieces and keep aside. Coarsely grind together ginger, garlic and green chilies into a coarse paste. Marinate the mutton pieces with the ginger-garlic-green chillies paste along with the other ingredients mentioned in the “For marination” section and keep it aside for 30 mins or overnight.
- In a pan, heat 3 tbsp oil + 1 tbsp ghee. Add sliced onion, salt, & turmeric and saute until the raw smell goes away. Add chopped tomatoes and saute until the tomatoes are mushy. Add the marinated mutton pieces aloong with water and mix well. Cover and cook stirring occasionally for 30 minutes until the gravy becomes thick & the meat is tender. You could also pressure cook the meat mixture for 3-4 whistles. Switch off the flame and set aside.
- Wash and soak the rice for 20 mins. Drain the water completely and set aside. In a heavy-bottomed vessel, add the whole spices mentioned under “For rice” and saute until fragrant. Lower the flame and add the drained rice and saute for few mins. Add water, lemon juice, salt and bring it to boil. Cook the rice only 3/4th and the rest will be cooked during the dum process. Fluff the rice gently using a fork.
- In a pan, heat ghee, add the sliced onions and fry until golden brown and crispy. Remove from heat and drain on a paper towel. In the same pan, fry the cashew nuts & raisins until they turn golden colour and drain on a paper towel.
- In a biryani pot, spread ghee evenly to the bottom of the dish. Add half of the prepared mutton masala and spread it evenly. Layer half of the cooked rice over the mutton masala. Repeat the process again. Add half of the fried cashew nuts, raisins, fried onions, chopped mint & coriander leaves. Add the final layer of rice on top of it. Finally add the leftover toppings. Sprinkle ghee and rose water over the final layer on the top.
- Close the biryani pot with a tight fitting heat resistant lid, and seal the edges of the lid with the prepared dough without the slightest opening. Place the biryani pot on top of a tawa and cook on low heat for 20 mins until steam comes out from the dough seal. Switch off the flame after 20 mins. Leave it on the tawa unopened for 10 more mins. Break open the dum seal. Using a long spoon, gently mix the rice and mutton masala. Serve hot with raita and pappadam.
Mix the rose water with the turmeric and set aside. Grease the bottom and sides very lightly. Thalassery Mutton Dum Biryani Biryani is the most common festive dish in Kerala Muslim society. Apart from that many will be familiar with this exotic dish by hearing from somewhere and somehow. ABOUT Thalassery Mutton Biryani - Kerala Style RECIPE. basically, the rice used in this recipe is different is a short-grained rice as compared to the long grained rice or basmati in the traditional biryani recipe.
If you find this Thalassery Style Mutton Dum Biryani recipe valuable please share it to your good friends or family, thank you and good luck.