Hello everybody, welcome to our recipe site, looking for the perfect Stuffed Shells recipe? look no further! We provide you only the perfect Stuffed Shells recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Stuffed Shells recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about The Simple Ways to Be Healthy. Becoming A Healthy Eater
Many people balk at the idea of cooking for large crowds of people. With images of enormous stockpots boiling over and getting chained to some hot stove and oven for hundreds of hours on end, it’s no surprise that many people avoid the concept of cooking meals for large audiences with more tenacity than they avoid being last at the dinner line.
In regards to cooking for a large audience, the planning phase is the most crucial. You absolutely need to plan your foods when ingesting a large set of people. This goes far beyond the thought of spaghetti or fried chicken since the meals you’re planning. You will need to understand how many servings you’ll need. While clearly you don’t know how hungry people would be or who’ll consume just how much when it comes to cooking for a big crowd it’s a fantastic idea to always plan for a couple of additional mouths in case some want a little more than you may think (you may want to double servings for teen and college aged guys that will be dining).
You want to understand at least a general number of portions to prepare and fix your recipe in order to accommodate those needs. Some people find it much simpler if they can double or triple recipes rather than scaling them into specific serving sizes. If this works great for you then by all means incorporate this practice when cooking for crowds. 1 thing you have to be conscious of is you will have to include so as to create the meal you’re planning.
Possessing the proper ingredients and the proper amounts of ingredients is significantly more important in majority recipes than is frequently necessary in smaller recipes since there is not as much leeway in regards to producing the proper consistency. You should bear this in mind when making purchases for your own cooking for a big crowd occasion.
Some people locate the best route to take in regards to cooking for audiences would be to keep everything as close to their normal cooking routine as possible. This would indicate that rather than cooking a really big bowl of lasagna for a double sized sized crowd, they would instead cook three regular sized pans of lasagna. This achieves two things actually and is something that you may want to remember despite the excess time spent in the kitchen.
First of all, even if something goes, wrong just one third of this meal is in shambles as opposed to the entire dinner. Secondly, you have a greater possibility of locating consistency issues before the baking starts if you’re using dimensions and cooking containers which you are familiar with and comfortable using. It’s always wisest to detect mistakes and omissions sooner rather than later when it comes to cooking as very few ingredients can be properly added after the fact.
While cooking for crowds may send some into dizzying charms together with heart disease it helps in the event that you take some deep breaths, then sit down, plan your menu, then plan your meals, make a listing of your ingredientsand cook in a manner that’s comfortable for you. If you are more comfortable making many dishes of household favorites then that is probably going to be the best plan of action so as to satisfy your large crowd cooking requirements.
Most importantly you should remember when cooking for audiences is that you may have just made yourself a well-deserved night off afterwards. Cooking for crowds is time consuming and needs to be approached if well rested (if that’s even possible) for the best results. There’s something that is actually very satisfying about knowing that you have fed a crowd and fed up well.
In case you have only a few campers and are looking for some very simple camp cooking, try out the simple and speedy technique of tin can cooking. All you will need is a fresh tin can – a 1 gallon size can works well. Your source of heat may be small campfire, or when wood burning is illegal, a little buddy burner may work nicely, which can be found at sporting good stores or online. Place your meal in the tin can and easily warm the contents of your own can over a fire. You’ll have a hot meal ready in seconds. This technique works great for sauces, beans and poultry.
A more time-consuming camp cooking technique that also produces yummy meals is pit cooking. Pit cooking is terrific for items which could be wrapped in aluminum foil to be cooked. It’s also a excellent camp cooking system if you’re using a dutch oven or cast iron cookware. Pit cooking warms your meals by heating rocks and coals that are buried in the floor. As the stones cool , their emitted heat cooks the food. To pit cook, first dig a hole that’s approximately three times bigger than your cookware. Line the pit with stones and create a fire in the middle. When the flame has burned rapidly for approximately an hourpush the hot coals and stone into the middle. Twist your wrapped meals or covered skillets on top of the rocks and coals and put more on top. After a couple of hours, you’ll have some delicious camp food to enjoy.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to stuffed shells recipe. To cook stuffed shells you need 14 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you do that.
The ingredients needed to cook Stuffed Shells:
- Take 16 jumbo pasta shells
- Provide 2 small onions
- Use 1 stick butter/margarine
- Provide 2 egg whites (or 1/3 cup egg beaters or equivalent)
- You need 15 ounce skim milk ricotta
- Take 8 ounce bag part skim mozzarella
- Get 1/2 cup parmesan or romano cheese
- Take 1/2 tsp. sugar
- Provide 1/2 tsp. garlic powder
- Provide 1/8 tsp. salt x2
- Prepare 1/8 tsp. pepper
- You need 1/4 bag spinach (2 oz.)
- Take 2 (28 oz.) can Redpack crushed tomatoes (or 2 cans plum tomatoes)
- You need 1 Tbsp. dried basil
Steps to make Stuffed Shells:
- Get the sauce cooking. Melt butter/margarine in medium pot (or slow cooker) on LOW HEAT, mince onions as fine as possible and add to pot with the butter. Let simmer for 2 minutes to blanch onions.
- Mix dried basil with a 1/4 cup of water and microwave in a cup for 45 seconds. This will make a basil "tea". Strain and add basil "tea" to the sauce.
- Add cans of tomatoes, basil "tea", pepper, sugar and 1/8 tsp. salt to pot and let simmer at least an hour (or two). Add more sugar if you like it sweeter.
- Boil the shells and let cool being careful not to get them torn up.
- Mix thourloughly the ricotta, parmesan, eggs, garlic powder, 4 oz. mozzarella and cleaned spinach (remove the stems!). I used about a quarter of a bag of spinach.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Add several ladles of the tomato sauce to a casserole dish. Stuff the shells with cheese mixture and line the casserole dish with stuffed shells.
- Pour a few more ladles of the tomato sauce over the shells. Cover the dish with foil, poke a hole in the middle to vent. Be careful not to let the tomato sauce get on the foil as it will dissolve the foil! Bake covered for 40 minutes.
- Uncover and top cooked shells with the rest of the mozzarella cheese. Cook another 10 minutes.
- Let cool 5 minutes then serve!
- I've also made this by adding a half pound of hot sausage (or ground beef or even pepperoni) to the sauce. But, the vegetarian version is remarkable. The only really fattening part is the butter/margarine. I don't like using olive oil as it has a distinctly different taste than the more pungent flavor of butter/margarine. Feel free to use either parmesan or romano cheese. Pecorino romano is by far the best to use if you can.
If you find this Stuffed Shells recipe valuable please share it to your close friends or family, thank you and good luck.