Hey everyone, welcome to my recipe page, if you're looking for Chicken Tortilla Soup recipe, look no further! We provide you only the best Chicken Tortilla Soup recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Chicken Tortilla Soup recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about The Basics of Being Healthy. Becoming A Healthy Eater
With pictures of huge stockpots boiling above and becoming chained to some hot stove and oven for countless hours on end, it is no surprise that many people avoid the concept of cooking food for big crowds with more tenacity than they prevent being last in the supper line.
In regards to cooking for a large audience, the preparation phase is easily the most important. You definitely must plan your foods when ingesting a massive group of people. This goes far beyond the notion of spaghetti or grilled chicken as the meals you’re planning. You need to know how many portions you’ll need. While clearly you will don’t know how hungry people would be or who will consume how much in regards to cooking for a large crowd it’s a good idea to always plan for a few additional mouths if some need a little more than you might believe (you may want to double servings for adolescent and college aged guys which are going to be dining).
You will need to understand at least a general number of servings to prepare and fix your recipe to be able to accommodate those requirements. Some people find it much easier if they can double or triple snacks rather than scaling them into specific serving sizes. If this works great for you then by all means integrate this practice when cooking for crowds. 1 thing you must be conscious of is you will have to include to be able to make the meal you are planning.
Having the proper ingredients and the proper quantities of ingredients is more important in bulk recipes than is often necessary in more compact recipes because there is less leeway when it comes to producing the proper consistency. You should keep this in mind when making purchases for the own cooking for a large crowd occasion.
Some people get the best path to take when it comes to cooking for crowds is to keep everything as close to their regular cooking regular as possible. This might mean that instead of cooking a really huge pan of lasagna for a double sized sized crowd, they would instead cook three normal sized pans of lasagna. This accomplishes two things indeed and can be something you may want to remember despite the excess time spent in the kitchen.
First of all, if something goes, wrong only one third of the meal is in shambles rather than the entire dinner. Secondly, you have a greater possibility of locating consistency issues before the baking begins if you’re using measurements and cooking containers that you’re familiar with and comfortable with. It’s almost always wisest to detect mistakes and omissions sooner rather than later when it comes to cooking as not many ingredients can be properly added after the truth.
While cooking for crowds may send some into dizzying spells with heart palpitations it helps if you take some deep breaths, sit down, then plan your menu, then plan your meals, create a record of your ingredientsand cook in a way that’s comfortable for you. If you would rather get it all over with in one fell swoop, then by all means do exactly that. If you are more comfortable making multiple dishes of household favorites then that is likely going to be the ideal course of action to be able to satisfy your big crowd cooking requirements.
Most importantly you should remember when cooking for audiences is that you may have just earned yourself a pleasant night away afterwards. Cooking for audiences is time consuming and should be approached as well rested (if that’s even possible) for the best results. There’s something which is really very satisfying about knowing you have fed a crowd and fed them well.
In case you have only a couple campers and are looking for some simple camp cooking, try the easy and fast technique of tin could cooking. All you will need is a fresh tin can – a 1 gallon size can works nicely. Your source of heat can be a small campfire, or when wood burning is prohibited, a little buddy burner may work well, which can be seen at sporting good stores or online. Place your meal in the tin could and simply warm the contents of your own can over a fire. This technique works great for soups, beans and tuna fish.
A more time-consuming pub cooking technique which also produces yummy food is pit cooking. Pit cooking is good for items which can be wrapped in aluminum foil to be cooked. It is also a excellent camp cooking method if you are using a dutch oven or cast iron cookware. Pit cooking calms your food by heating stones and coals that are buried in the ground. As the rocks cool , their emitted heat cooks the food. To pit cookfirst dig a hole that is approximately three times larger than your own cookware. Line the pit with rocks and create a fire in the center. When the fire has burnt rapidly for approximately one hourpush the hot coals and stones into the center. Twist your wrapped meals covered skillets in addition to the rocks and coals and place on top. Following a couple of hours, you’ll have some delicious camp food to enjoy.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to chicken tortilla soup recipe. You can have chicken tortilla soup using 21 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook that.
The ingredients needed to make Chicken Tortilla Soup:
- You need 1 medium pre-roasted chicken
- Get 6 tbsp cooking oil
- Prepare 8 corn tortillas, halved and cut into strips
- Provide 1 large yellow onion, chopped
- Prepare 4 clove garlic, chopped
- You need 4 chipotles in adobo sauce, chopped
- Take 32 oz chicken broth (low sodium)
- Prepare 12 oz crushed tomatoes
- Get 12 oz corn, frozen or fresh
- Get 1 bunch cilantro, chopped
- Prepare 1 can black beans, washed and strained
- Take 2 medium fresh ripe tomatoes, diced
- Prepare 2 bay leaf
- Get 1 tbsp paprika
- Take 1 tsp chili powder
- Get 2 tsp ground cumin
- Use 1 tsp ground coriander
- Use 2 tsp salt (or to taste)
- Use 1 avocado, diced
- Get 1 lime wedges
- Take 6 oz queso panela, crumbled
Steps to make Chicken Tortilla Soup:
- Pull apart the pre-roasted chicken into bite sized pieces and set aside. I like to do this first because it gets a bit messy. Prep all the ingredients before you start cooking. Reserve a handful of chopped onion and hand full of chopped cilantro for garnishing the top of the soup.
- In a large pot, heat the oil over medium high heat. I like to use coconut oil but you can use whatever you like. Add half the tortilla strips and cook, continuously stirring, until golden (about 1 minute). Remove the cooked strips with a slotted spoon and place on paper towel. Repeat with the remaining half of the tortilla strips.
- Using the same pot, reduce the heat to medium. Add the chopped onion, chopped garlic cloves, chopped chipotles, and spices to the oil. Cook, stirring, for about 5 minutes, or until onions are tender.
- Add the chicken broth, crushed tomatoes, bay leaf, and chicken. Add the salt. Simmer for 20 minutes. Add the cilantro, diced tomatoes, black beans, and corn. Return to a simmer for 10 more minutes. Taste the soup, you may want to add more salt. Remember you can always add to the recipe, but oversalted food is just gross. Before you serve, remove the bay leaves.
- To serve, put tortilla strips in a bowl, and pour in the soup. Sprinkle crumbled queso panela, cilantro, diced avocado, and chopped onion on top, and serve with lime wedges.
Best Chicken Tortilla Soup Chock-full of veggies and autumn color, this soup is ideal for using up fresh garden bounty. Add richness by first grilling the chicken and vegetables. —Kathy Averbeck, Dousman, Wisconsin Sauté onion, garlic, jalapeño and green pepper with olive oil in a large pot until soft. Add all the rest of the ingredients to the large pot and bring to a boil. Ladle the soup into bowls, making sure to get plenty of chunks (chicken, veggies, beans, tortilla strips) in each bowl. Then add on the toppings: a nice dollop of sour cream, onions, avocado, cheese (Monterey Jack is good), and—don't leave this out—cilantro!
If you find this Chicken Tortilla Soup recipe useful please share it to your close friends or family, thank you and good luck.