Hello everybody, welcome to my recipe page, If you're looking for new recipes to try this weekend, look no further! We provide you only the perfect OKONOMIYAKI (Japanese Pizza / Japanese Savory Pancake)【Recipe Video】 recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to OKONOMIYAKI (Japanese Pizza / Japanese Savory Pancake)【Recipe Video】 recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Easy Ways to Get Healthy. Becoming A Healthy Eater
Most people balk at the notion of cooking for large crowds of people. With pictures of enormous stockpots boiling over and becoming chained to a hot stove and oven for countless hours at the end, it’s no surprise that so many people stay away from the concept of cooking meals for big crowds with more tenacity than they avoid being last at the dinner line.
In regards to cooking for a big audience, the planning phase is easily the most crucial. You absolutely need to plan your foods when feeding a huge group of people. This goes beyond the notion of spaghetti or fried chicken since the meals you’re planning. You want to understand how many servings you’ll need. While obviously you never know how starving people would be or who will consume how much in regards to cooking for a large audience it is a fantastic idea to always plan for a few additional mouths in case some need a bit more than you may think (you might want to double servings for adolescent and college aged guys that’ll be dining).
You will need to understand at least a general number of portions to prepare and adjust your recipe in order to accommodate those requirements. Some people find it a lot simpler if they can double or triple snacks rather than scaling them to particular serving sizes. If this works best for you then by all means integrate this clinic when cooking for crowds. One thing you must be conscious of is that you will need to include to be able to produce the meal you’re planning.
Having the proper ingredients and the proper amounts of ingredients is far more important in majority recipes than is frequently necessary in more compact recipes because there is not as much leeway when it comes to creating the proper consistency.
This would mean that rather than cooking a really huge bowl of lasagna for a triple sized audience, they’d rather cook three ordinary sized pans of lasagna. This achieves two things extremely and can be something you may wish to remember regardless of the additional time spent in the kitchen.
First of all, even if something goes, wrong just one third of this meal is in shambles rather than the whole dinner. Second, you have a greater possibility of locating consistency issues before the baking starts if you’re using dimensions and cooking containers that you’re familiar with and comfortable with. It is always best to find mistakes and omissions sooner instead of later when it has to do with cooking as very few ingredients can be properly added after the actuality.
While cooking for crowds may send some to dizzying spells with heart palpitations it helps if you take a few deep breaths, sit down, then plan your menu, then plan your meals, create a list of your ingredientsand cook in a manner that’s comfortable for you. If you’re more comfortable making multiple dishes of household favorites then that is probably going to be the ideal course of action in order to meet your large crowd cooking requirements.
Most importantly you should remember when cooking for crowds is that you might have just made yourself a pleasant night off afterwards. Cooking for audiences is time consuming and needs to be approached if well rested (if that is even possible) for the best results. There is something which is truly very satisfying about knowing that you have fed a bunch and fed up well.
If you have only a few campers and are looking for some very easy camp cooking, try out the simple and speedy technique of tin could cooking. All you will need is a fresh tin can – a 1 gallon size may works well. Your source of warmth may be little campfire, or if wood burning is illegal, a small buddy burner may work nicely, which can be found at sporting good stores or online. Put your meal from the tin could and simply warm the contents of your can over a flame. You will have a hot meal ready in seconds. This technique works great for sauces, beans and poultry.
A more time-consuming pub cooking technique which also produces tasty meals is pit cooking. It’s also a wonderful camp cooking method if you are using a dutch oven or cast iron cookware. Pit cooking calms your food by heating stones and coals that are buried in the floor. As the stones cool away, their emitted heat cooks the food. To pit cookfirst dig a hole that’s roughly three times larger than your cookware. Line the pit with stones and create a fire in the center. Once the flame has burned rapidly for about one hourpush the warm coals and stones into the middle. Layer your wrapped meals covered skillets on top of the rocks and coals and place more on top. Following a few hours, you will have some tasty camp food to relish.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to okonomiyaki (japanese pizza / japanese savory pancake)【recipe video】 recipe. To cook okonomiyaki (japanese pizza / japanese savory pancake)【recipe video】 you only need 20 ingredients and 12 steps. Here is how you do that.
The ingredients needed to make OKONOMIYAKI (Japanese Pizza / Japanese Savory Pancake)【Recipe Video】:
- You need 250 g (8.8 oz) thin sliced pork belly
- Prepare 400 g (14 oz) cabbage, about 1/2 heads
- Prepare 6 stalks scallion
- Take 40 g (1.4 oz) red pickled ginger
- Take 10 leaves perilla leaf
- Prepare 4 eggs
- Use oil for frying
- Get Okonomi-yaki batter
- You need 200 ml (6.8 fl oz) boiled water
- Get 2 tsp Japanese soup stock (dashi), granule type
- Take 200 g (7 oz, 1.6 cups) cake flour
- Take 1.5 tsp baking powder
- Use 2 tsp dried bonito powder (optional)
- You need 150 g (5.3 oz) Japanese yam
- Provide Topping (adjust to suit your taste)
- Take okonomiyaki sauce (savory pancake sauce, It's kind of similar to barbecue sauce.)
- Take mayonnaise
- Use dried green nori flakes
- Take dried bonito flakes
- Use 1cup=235cc(USA)
Instructions to make OKONOMIYAKI (Japanese Pizza / Japanese Savory Pancake)【Recipe Video】:
- ★Recipe video★ (my You Tube channel)→https://youtu.be/u59j7GmSckc
- 【For Okonomiyaki batter】Put 200 ml (6.8 fl oz) boiled water in a bowl and add Japanese soup stock, stir well. Put the bowl in water to cool down; set aside. Mix roughly cake flour, baking powder, and dried bonito powder; set aside.
- Grate Japanese yam into a large bowl. Pour the prepared stock in it while stirring. Sift dry ingredients over it.
- Mix well until smooth. Let it sit in a fridge for 3 hours or more to bring out the ''umami''(savory taste) of the flour.
- 【Prepare other ingredients. 】Chop cabbage into about 1 cm (0.4'') square. Chop the core of cabbage into fine pieces. Cut stalks scallion into small pieces. (You should wipe off moisture after you wash vegetables, before cutting them.)
- Cut leaves perilla leaf into small pieces. Chop red pickled ginger into fine pieces.
- 【Cook it with a frying pan.】Put one serving of the batter and vegetables in a bowl (1/4 each). Add an egg and mix roughly.
- Heat a frypan on medium-low heat and add a splash of oil for frying. Pour the okonomiyaki mixture into the pan. Use a spatula to form it into a round pancake about 2cm (0.8'') thick.
- Cook it for 3 mins on medium heat. Gently lay about 1/4 of the pork belly slices on top of the pancake. When golden brown on the bottom, flip it and cook the other side.
- Cook it on medium heat for 4-5 mins until golden too or pork belly gets crispy. Please don't push down on the okonomiyaki in the pan to get a fluffy pancake. Flip it again, warm it on low heat and then turn off the heat.
- 【Toppings】Apply okonomiyaki sauce with a spoon or brush, add mayonnaise in zigzagging lines, and sprinkle dried green nori flakes and dried bonito flakes. Please try freshly cooked OKONOMIYAKI!
- Notes: If the time has passed after putting cabbage into the batter, the water in the cabbage will come out and the batter will become watery. If the batter becomes watery, the cooked okonomiyaki won't get fluffy, so when cooking, it's better to mix the batter and vegetables just before cooking.
The ingredients provided are the basic okonomiyaki recipe. Feel free to add any vegetables or other meats. Have fun playing with the ingredients! Pour the Okonomiyaki batter into a round pancake shape in the center of the pan. OKONOMIYAKI (Japanese Pizza / Japanese Savory Pancake)【Recipe Video】 Hello everybody, hope you are having an amazing day today.
If you find this OKONOMIYAKI (Japanese Pizza / Japanese Savory Pancake)【Recipe Video】 recipe useful please share it to your friends or family, thank you and good luck.