Hello everybody, welcome to my recipe page, looking for the perfect My Family's Go-to Recipe for Okonomiyaki recipe? look no further! We provide you only the perfect My Family's Go-to Recipe for Okonomiyaki recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to My Family's Go-to Recipe for Okonomiyaki recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about The Basics of Being Healthy. Becoming A Healthy Eater
It’s often frustrating to attempt to plan meals that have been made for you personally. Despite this truth, we’re seeing more and more recipe publications and Internet websites that are devoted to the act of cooking for a single. Divorce and the death of spouses or elderly children leaving for school are all reasons that someone accustomed to cooking for more than one might suddenly should understand to adjust all the cooking practices utilized before to a streamlined strategy of cooking which is significantly more efficient for one person making less waste.
The mission, should you choose to take it, is to make cooking for just one a challenge instead of a trial. Use this opportunity to try new and exciting cuisines. Possibly among the greatest things about cooking for you is the fact that it isn’t quite as expensive as cooking for 2. This means you have a bit more income in the grocery budget with which to plan and prepare your foods.
One thing you might want to keep in mind however is that if cooking for you, should you prepare foods which are freezable. It could save additional time (and in the end money) should you cook the entire 2-4 parts that many recipes call for and freeze the leftovers in single serving portions for a subsequent point in time. This leaves one with a freezer filled with foods for all many nights when the idea of cooking only seems beyond your abilities. This also leaves one with doing the work once and enjoying the fruits of your efforts many times over. This is a superb place to be in if you want my opinion.
No matter what situation placed you in the position of cooking for you, there is not any reason that you shouldn’t enjoy great food that is exciting and agreeable simply because you are dining alone.
Remember you are what you consume and if you relegate yourself to dull meals that lack excitement and spice up that is what you will get. But if you choose to reach out and try new and exciting dishes with each meal you prepare if cooking for you, it is going to show in how you embrace life in other regions also. While we should not live to eat, we should also not limit ourselves into eating to live. Take pleasure in the foods that you prepare if the portions are large or small in dimension.
In the event you do not want to spend heavily in cookbooks that are relevant to cooking for you, it is quite possible your regional public library is going to have a few from which you can find some excellent recipes suggestions and resources. While you are there be sure to take a look at their choice of exotic food cookbooks to be able to spice things up a little. You may even find local sources on courses that center on the notion of cooking for you. In case the library proves to be a bust as far as sources go, the Internet is full of recipes, tips, and hints for people who are cooking for you.
In case you have just a couple of campers and are searching for some simple camp cooking, try the simple and quick technique of tin could cooking. All you’ll need is a clean tin can – a one gallon size can works nicely. Your source of warmth can be a little campfire, or if wood burning is illegal, a small buddy burner will work well, which can be seen at sporting good stores or online. Put your meal in the tin could and easily warm the contents of your can over a flame. You’ll have a hot meal ready in minutes. This technique works great for soups, beans and poultry.
A more time-consuming pub cooking technique which also produces delectable food is pit cooking. Pit cooking is fantastic for items which could be wrapped in aluminum foil to be cooked. It is also a excellent camp cooking system if you are using a dutch oven or cast iron cookware. Pit cooking warms your food by heating stones and coals that are concealed in the floor. As the stones cool , their emitted heat cooks the meals. To pit cookfirst dig a hole that is approximately three times bigger than your cookware. Line the pit with stones and create a fire in the center. When the fire has burned rapidly for about an hour, push the warm coals and rocks into the center. Twist your wrapped meals covered skillets in addition to the stones and coals and place more on top. After a few hours, you will have some delicious camp food to enjoy.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to my family's go-to recipe for okonomiyaki recipe. To make my family's go-to recipe for okonomiyaki you only need 12 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you do it.
The ingredients needed to cook My Family's Go-to Recipe for Okonomiyaki:
- Prepare 1/2 of a medium head Cabbage (chopped)
- Use 200 grams Pork belly slices (cut into bite sizes)
- Provide Batter: (It's a very thick, sticky batter)
- Use 6 tbsp ●Cake flour
- You need 4 tbsp Nagaimo, also called mountain yam (grated into pulp)
- Get 4 tbsp Dashi stock (or water + dashi stock granules)
- Prepare 2 ●Eggs
- Provide 2 tbsp ●Tempura crumbs
- Prepare 1 Okonomiyaki sauce
- Take 1 Mayonnaise
- Prepare 1 Aonori
- You need 1 Bonito flakes
Steps to make My Family's Go-to Recipe for Okonomiyaki:
- Mix the batter ingredients marked with a ●. Mix just the flour and dashi stock first, and then it'll be easier to add other ingredients. Sakura shrimp and squid (not listed) make good additions to the batter too.
- Toss about one and a half handfuls of the cabbage and a ladle full of the batter into a bowl, and mix well. Pour the mixture onto a pre-heated electric griddle, and spread it evenly into a thick circle.
- The batter will not flow out around the mound of cabbage. You might be worried that there isn't enough batter, but it's fine. The only concern here would be whether there's enough cabbage.
- Top this with as much sliced pork belly as you like. Use thin slices and line them up so that there's no space in between! Or, at least that's how my family likes it.
- When the bottom has browned, flip the patty over. Make absolutely sure not to press or smash the patty! You'll have to be content with just adjusting the shape a little.
- After a bit, it's easier to use 2 spatulas to flip the patty over again.
- Brush the top with your preferred okonomiyaki sauce, top with aonori and katsuobushi (bonito flakes), and enjoy.
- This time, the okonomiyaki was cooked by my husband, who usually doesn't cook it. The shape came out poorly, but see! Even an amateur was able to make this. It didn't fall apart.
Combine the cake flour and baking powder in a bowl and stir together with a whisk. Dissolve the bonito dashi stock powder in the water and gradually add the dashi stock while mixing. Put cabbage, spring onion, egg, soy sauce, flour and water in a bowl and mix well to combine. Heat a frypan over a low to medium heat and add a splash of oil for frying. Instructions In a medium bowl, whisk together the eggs, soy sauce, sesame oil and salt.
If you find this My Family's Go-to Recipe for Okonomiyaki recipe helpful please share it to your friends or family, thank you and good luck.