Hello everybody, welcome to my recipe site, If you're looking for new recipes to try this weekend, look no further! We provide you only the best Fragrant Curried Fish Pie recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Fragrant Curried Fish Pie recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about The Basics of Being Healthy. Becoming A Healthy Eater
It’s often frustrating to attempt to plan meals that have been created for you personally. Regardless of this fact, we are seeing more and more recipe publications and Internet websites which are devoted to the act of cooking for you. Divorce and the death of spouses or increased children leaving for school are all reasons that someone used to cooking for at least one would suddenly should learn how to correct all the cooking practices used before into a streamlined strategy of cooking which is significantly more efficient for a single person creating less waste.
The mission, if you decide to take it, is to make cooking for one a challenge instead of a trial. Use this chance to attempt out new and exciting cuisines. Possibly among the best things about cooking for you is the fact it isn’t quite as expensive as cooking for 2. This means you have a little more income in the grocery budget with which to plan and prepare your dishes.
1 thing you might choose to keep in mind however is that if cooking for you, if you prepare foods that are freezable. This leaves you with a freezer full of foods for many nights once the thought of cooking only seems beyond your abilities. This also leaves you with doing the work and appreciating the fruits of your efforts many times over. This is a superb place to be in if you want my opinion.
We’re discovering more and more recipes and cookbooks that are designed around the concept of cooking for one. Regardless of what situation put you in the place of cooking for one, there’s not any reason you ought ton’t love great food that is exciting and pleasant since you’re dining alone.
Remember you are what you consume and if you relegate yourself to dull meals that lack excitement and spice up that’s what you will end up. But in the event that you opt to reach out and try out new and exciting dishes with every meal you prepare if cooking for one, it will show in how that you embrace life in different regions too. While we shouldn’t live to consume, we should also not limit ourselves to eating to live. Take pleasure in the foods you prepare whether the portions are large or small in size.
If you do not want to invest greatly in cookbooks that are relevant to cooking for you personally, it’s quite possible your neighborhood public library is going to have a few from which you may locate some great recipes tips and resources. Even though you’re there be sure to check out their selection of exotic food cookbooks in order to spice things up a little. You might even find local sources on classes that centre on the idea of cooking for one. In case the library turns out to be a bust as far as sources go, the Internet is filled with recipes, ideas, and tips for people who are cooking for one.
When you have just a couple of campers and are looking for some easy camp cooking, try out the easy and quick technique of tin can cooking. All you’ll need is a clean tin can – a one gallon size may works well. Your source of heat may be little campfire, or if wood burning is prohibited, a small buddy burner may work nicely, which can be found at sporting good stores or online. Place your meal from the tin can and just warm the contents of your own can over a fire. This technique works great for sauces, beans and poultry.
A more time-consuming camp cooking technique that also produces tasty meals is pit cooking. It is also a excellent camp cooking system if you’re using a dutch oven or cast iron cookware. Pit cooking warms your meals by heating rocks and coals which are concealed in the ground. As the rocks cool , their emitted heat cooks the meals. To pit cook, first dig a hole that’s roughly three times larger than your cookware. Line the pit with rocks and construct a fire in the middle. Once the fire has burnt rapidly for approximately an hour, push the warm coals and rocks into the center. Layer your wrapped food or covered skillets on top of the rocks and coals and place more on top. After a couple of hours, you’ll have some tasty camp food to enjoy.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to fragrant curried fish pie recipe. To make fragrant curried fish pie you only need 21 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you do it.
The ingredients needed to cook Fragrant Curried Fish Pie:
- Use Serves: 2 or 3-4 if eaten with sides and bread
- Take 1 bag fish pie mix, (400g cod, salmon and smoked haddock),
- You need 425 g mashed potatoes with 1/2 tbsp salted butter mixed in,
- Use 100 g small shrimp (cooked frozen, de-veined),
- Use 150 ml coconut milk,
- Use 3 tbsp panko breadcrumbs,
- Take 20 ml unsweetened almond milk, (or regular milk as substitute),
- Provide 1 handful petit pois peas, (50g),
- Get 2 spring onions, chopped finely,
- Use 1 large clove of garlic crushed,
- Use 1 thumb of fresh ginger, chopped very finely,
- Prepare 1 pinch red chilli flakes,
- Use 1/2 tbsp hot curry powder,
- Use 1/2 tsp fenugreek,
- Get 1/2 tsp tumeric
- You need 1/4 tsp ground cumin,
- Get 1 handful fresh coriander leaves, chopped,
- Take Salt and pepper to season,
- Take Olive oil Frylight
- Get Note:
- Prepare If using frozen fish defrost first in a bowl and drain off water
Instructions to make Fragrant Curried Fish Pie:
- Prepare the buttered mash by adding the milk and seasoning with salt and pepper. Add the tumeric powder and then mix really well until really smooth and fluffy. Set aside.
- In a medium saucepan add a little Frylight and add the ginger and garlic. Fry until fragrant for a few seconds. Next add the coconut milk. Bring to a gentle simmer on a lower heat.
- Add the spices, and chilli flakes in. Stir to combine. Add in 9/10ths of the chopped coriander then remove from the heat.
- Pre-heat the oven to 180 degrees (fan). To the sauce add the spring onion and peas, then add the fish pieces and prawns. Gently mix through using a spoon. Add the mixture to an oven proof pie dish.
- Cover evenly with the mashed potato using a spoon or if feeling extra fancy you could pipe it on! Bring the mash neatly right up to the edges, so you prevent leaking. I like to use a rubber spatula, the make a simple pattern using a fork. Like so…
- Sprinkle over the breadcrumbs. Bake the pie in the oven covered in foil or 25 minutes then remove the foil and bake for a further 10-15 minutes until the breadcrumbs are golden brown.
- Garnish with the remaining chopped coriander leaves (stalks removed), and serve up after leaving for around three minutes to cool, so delicious eaten alone or with some crusty bread or naan! :)
Sprinkle the chopped prawns over the fish. Arrange the pieces of hard boiled egg to complete the base. Put the fish fillets in a pan and add the milk, vegetables, bay leaf and peppercorns. As soon as the milk comes to a simmer, switch off the heat and cover the pan. The fish will carry on cooking in the hot milk.
If you find this Fragrant Curried Fish Pie recipe valuable please share it to your good friends or family, thank you and good luck.